Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake light on dash

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CenTxk5blazer, Aug 6, 2003.

1. CenTxk5blazer

CenTxk5blazer Registered Member

It came on a few days ago, on my dad's 91 2wd 1500, the truck does have anti lock brakes ( don't know if its rear or all four). The switch doesn't seem to be sticking and I don't think the pedal feel has change. It does have a good amount of fluid in the master cylinder. Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing it to stay on?

2. flyndragons

flyndragons Registered Member

It could be the ROWL or RAWL unit. It is a computer box under the hood. That was happening to a friend of mine and when they replaced the unit it was fine again. There was a dent in the casing causing it to ground out. May be the prob. But I'd have to see it to be sure.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

there were tons of problems with the new ABS systems those years, im not surprised at all one tiny bit even, i avoid all ABS GM vehicles especially the first years' ABS ones. GM also had the problems with the new 700r4 in 82-86, seems like anything new they start putting out there has problems for years and years, replacing that ABS unit wont be cheap, i would sell or trade off asap if it were mine

good luck