Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake Light Q's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Mar 16, 2002.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Brake Light Q\'s

Ok, heres the deal. My brake light comes on intermittently. The fluid level is good. The pads and shoes are both basically brand new. Doesnt have a problem stopping, doesnt pull. Is it a glitch or am I missing something completely?

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Re: Brake Light Q\'s

I hade an issue similiar to this on my '76. I guess the light "moniters" brake system pressure and comes on if something isnt right. (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I replaced the wheel cylinders and the light went off. Don't know if this could be your prob or if ya just have one of those wierd wiring gremlins.

3. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

i think your on the right track. you are getting uneven pressure somehow. did you open any lines durring brake replacement. try bleeding the lines.

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

It is some type of fluid leak. I would guess in the rear because the front normally causes a noticable pull. Check the wheel cylinders in the rear. You have to pull back the dust boot to see if the seal is leaking.

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I never messed with the calipers or pistons or cylinders when I replaced the brakes but I will look into that. Havent noticed the resevoir looking like it was low but I'll keep an eye on that too. Thanks for the input guys!