Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake light

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dmeyer, Feb 28, 2002.

1. dmeyer

dmeyer Registered Member

I have a 1990 Chevy Fullsize Blazer. I recently changed the brake pads and shoes and now when I go over 40 MPH the light comes on. The light goes off when I turn off the truck and stays off when I am driving around town, but as soon as I hit 40 the light comes on and stays on till I shut off the truck. I cannot tell anydifference in brake feel or action compared to with and without the light on. I believe I do have ABS since there is a computer with wiring right next to the master cylinder. Also, I have unpluged the battery to try and reset the codes, but the light still comes on at 40 everytime. I was thinking it could be the wheel speed sensor or something. Tires are 31-10.5 . I don't have a clue so if anyone could help or has past experience it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    Later

2. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

im not into the new stuff...but i sell car parts...I think that the light is lit by a sensor buried in the pad, so there must be a short circuit at a certain speed that tell he light that the probe thats in thepad is in contact with the rotor, or the light was never reset....i dont thinkt that you can reset the light by unplugging the system

wish i knew more.

beligerence doesn't justify intelligence.
    <font color=blue>wheelers hate posers.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>79k15/400/700r4/205/38.5</font color=red>