Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake light?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Feb 18, 2004.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok i know i posted bout my choke light staying on and it is..but when i first drive my truck after sitting it gets funny brakes it will stick and pull and vibrate and ill totally loose my pedal, then it will come back and everything goes back to normall, really wierd...but i was driving it tonight after sitting for about 2 weeks and i heard a loud pop thinking i broke a line and the light came on, well everything went back to normall, maybe frozen line or something..but the light still stays on...any idea?

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oh comon now out of all these gurus no one can answer this? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well I will take stab at it..
    [ QUOTE ]
    stick and pull and vibrate

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say a caliper is sticking which MIGHT explain the pulling ...

[ QUOTE ]
    but i was driving it tonight after sitting for about 2 weeks and i heard a loud pop thinking i broke a line and the light came on, well everything went back to normall, maybe frozen line or something..but the light still stays on...any idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pull the rear wheels and check all the springs...Maybe.. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif and to reset the light there is a button on the drivers side of the proportioning valve to reset the light..( I am sure you knew that though) ...Wish I could help more.. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif