Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake Lights Staying On, HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Willie, Jul 9, 2002.

1. K5Willie

K5Willie Registered Member

Here's the deal, I was driving my 72 home the other night and the brakes went out at a busy interection! Bout [censored] my pants but managed to cruise up onto the nice lawn of a Texas steakhouse and roll to a stop (they didn't like my tires). Anyway, I get up under the dash and the linkage between the pedal and master cylinder had come apart. So I put it back together and now my brake lights stay on constantly. This didn't happen before and I can't seem to find a switch anywhere under the dash. Anybody else had this problem? HELP please!

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

the switch is up on top of where the brake pedal mounts.you might be able to adjust it so the lights will turn off

3. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

It's a white plastic switch that is treaded into the brake pedal assembly...It can be adjusted by loosening the stop nut on the treads and threading the switch in or out to adjust where the switch opens.

4. K5Willie

K5Willie Registered Member

thanks guys,
    I found the switch. I feel like an idiot. (guess I'm just used to *gasp* Fords!) Anyway, I adjusted the pedal and end of problem. Now if I could only get that O-ring around my tranny dipstick to stop leaking!!

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

if its not out of adjustment its because you developed a leak somewhere. probably just the pedal thoug.

nathan