Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake lights wont work

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jackedjimmy350, Jul 13, 2003.

1. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

running lights, turn signals, reverse lights all work, but when i push down on the brake pedal...nothing. still just the running lights. any pointers? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

I had was having the same problem turns out it was the turn signal switch.I would see if you have power at the brake lite switch if not find out why if you do bypass the brake switch under the dash and check the power at the bulb no power follow the wires up to the fire wall i did all of this and found that if i moved the signal switch a certin way they will work on one side or the other or just one side .I pulled the wheel and found the top part of the switch broken.I got a new signal switch installed and now things work fine...hope this helps mike /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

ttt /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

both filaments in both bulbs good? bad grounds? bad brake light sending unit (i just so made up that name but the thing with the little plunger on it that goes from the brake pedal that has wires plugged into it). Good luck, i just figured out some wacked lights on my truck, one bulb was upside down, and another had a bad ground.