Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake Line Extensions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cdh, May 18, 2004.

1. cdh

cdh Registered Member

I received my 2" Tuff Country lift for my '89 K5, and I am not sure how the brake line extension works( front brake lines). I have a hard brake line that goes to the frame. I am not sure how I am going to lower that to fit into the extension. Anybody have ideas?

Should I just get longer brake lines instead?

2. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Get longer brake lines. If you use the dumb brackets, you'll be sorry later. I used the brackets, and undoing them later is a serious pain in the ass. Just suck up the money for the longer brake lines and keep your rig nice looking, plus have an easier job with install.

You can get longer rubber lines pretty cheap, or shell out for the braided stainless kind that look purty.

[ QUOTE ]
    I received my 2" Tuff Country lift for my '89 K5, and I am not sure how the brake line extension works( front brake lines). I have a hard brake line that goes to the frame. I am not sure how I am going to lower that to fit into the extension. Anybody have ideas?

Should I just get longer brake lines instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

if you have the money get longer lines. i just ordered a set from inline tube for $90 they are 34" long.

i've been wheeling with drop brackets for 2 years now. but the front is getting flexy and they arent long enough anymore