Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake line fittings ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by southernspeed, Jul 27, 2005.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Can anyone tell me for definate what fittings are on each end of the front brake flexi hoses on a '78 K5?
    Size and whether concave or convex seats?
    I need longer ones but I'm not paying Explorer UK's £118 for them!! (that's nearly $200 to you!!)
    Thanks.

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Bubble flares are unique to your side of the pond, possibly even exclusive to your country. U.S. stuff uses Inverterted Flare (convex or cone shaped seat in the fitting) for everything high pressure except some of the late model PS plumbing.

Can you import such stuff reasonably either up front or thru the back door? If so, I would recommend dealing with http://www.ormebrothers.com/ as they have been really good about knowing what I have when I don't.

Does your inspection (MOT?) consider things like TUV or DOT acceptance of the brake hoses? Might put a crimp in things if they do.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks for the link. Not a problem as far as MOT's go really. I may just take my hoses off and measure up. I just didn't want the truck laid up for 3 days while I get them made.....but it's never as easy as you'd like eh!!