Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake line flaring tools?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dontoe, Feb 12, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I need to go buy a set of "flaring tools" for brake lines. Where would ya go to get some quality ones?:confused:

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

how much you want to spend? i have a sweet set that does all 5 45 flares and 4 bubble flares 2 oring fueland p/s flares and the 3 quick connect fuel . this thing is a hydrolic hand held thumb pump unit. ask me to live with out it and i will not go to work at all. its that nice. but the price will get you. about the cheepest on sale threw a/z commercial flyer was 425.00 plus tax about 475-500 regular. its made by mastercool tool comp. thay dont sell direct only to dealers. like big stores and snapon tools has them in there own box. but make sure you get the master set price from snapon, thay try to sell you just the base kit. i can get you pics if wanted.

3. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

you can get a kit at harbor fright for under 10 bucks,

also just to maybe save you some time,

auto zona, checker, napa ect see already flared and fitted break line peices in may sizes. They average under 7 bucks each and are well worth it. I have redone all the break hard lines on two blazers and it is sooooo easy when you buy these.

any thing else just ask:)

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

auto zone setup works fine, get the SAE double flaring kit
    make sure you tighten the hell out of the two wingnuts that clamp and hold the tubing, i use pliers to crank them tight, or the tubing can slip :frown1:

good luck

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Ditto on that. I usually put the whole tool in a vise to keep it from slipping.

6. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

I got one at Summit Racing. about $35.00. Work well. Just gotta tighten the hell out of it like the others said!

7. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I gotta put the Chevette brake line on the end of my brake-line for the rear disc. I'd like a pretty good set but not $500.00:yikes:

I can't find my Summit so I ordered another one.

There's an Autozone just up the road so I'll check it out tomorrow. Put in amaster-cylinderr this afternoon and changed the plugs in my wifes Blazer so I didn't get back out to check today.

Ya'll put oil on it like my Dad used to?