Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake line leaking

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 74kay5, Dec 1, 2006.

1. 74kay5

74kay5 1/2 ton status

Went to disks on my 14 bolt and installed an SSBC adjustable proportioning valve. I disconnected the stock proportioning valve and used that break in the lines to install a T for the front brake lines and for the rear after the prop valve a small peice of pre-flared line from Kragen with a few adapters. It's leaking at the preflared line on one end or the other I can't tell. So went and bought another pre flared line (fittings already installed) from kragen plus another adapter in case that was the issue. Same problem:confused:
    Any thoughts?
    Pics:

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2536231120041870815tcFKLo

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2768612160041870815xOdsCU

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Are those female fittings inverted flare fittings? They should be. It looks like there is Teflon tape on the threads. You don't need that on flare fittings. The threads only apply pressure to the joint, they don't provide a seal. The seal is at the joint of the two flares. When they are pressed together tightly enough, they won't allow fluid to escape. The only way they can leak is if they aren't tight enough, or the surface of one of the flared parts is damaged.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

have you tryed a new union? with out the tape/thread stick? maybe reflare it your self and see.