Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake line question- yes I did a search

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudNurI, Feb 21, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

searched till I was blue in the face- did not find my answer- so here's the question.

My procomp extended lines came in today (thanks steve)...but I have to figure out what to replace the rest of the lines with. The actual break in my line is on the main line that runs along my frame. It's shot about equal with my passenger side muffler...I can get stainless braided lines in a big roll and also big $$ or I can get the tube- and mess around bending it....anyone replaced these lines? it was 52' outside today- and I'm REALLY ready to start driving it again. been 6 months since it left my road...

thanks
    Brandy

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Just curious, why do you want to replace the brake lines? Are they rusty?

3. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

You can get replacement tubing bent and sized to fit your vehicle from classic tube. They offer SS and OEM type line. The SS is a pain to get sealed up and doesn't offer too much unless you deal with a lot of salt and stuff on the roads. I would not use hose as it expands under pressure. Short sections are OK but too much will cause a lot of pedal travel to stop.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

cause fluid is pouring out of them.............they are HORRIDLY rusty- close to 20 years of road salt has taken it's toll on them...I would rather replace them all instead of just the piece thats blown out...my two monsters ride in this all summer..Luckily I was alone when I lost the rear brakes

Brandy

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Check out Inline Tube. You can get pre-bent lines ready to bolt straight on in either SS or non-SS. Not too bad on price considering it is a straight bolt-in.

6. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I plan on replacing all mine all the way up to the emergency bias valve up there on the crossmember someday. I plan on buying all the stuff from www.portcityracing.com.