Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake line rant..........where to find drop brackets for the hard line.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by down4thakrown, Sep 18, 2005.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

man doin a brake line on a 77 chevy SUX BIG TIME. i guess i might of bent the hard line for the frnt brakes and it is a pain to get ti to line back up. its so much easier on the 80's because of the little braket hangin off the side compared to late 70's where it goes through the frame. i know they make these drop brackets for the hard line so u can use ur stock brake lines with a lift but i dont know where to buy just the little drop braket. does anyone know where i can get them??

Last edited: Sep 19, 2005
  2. blazerguy 90

blazerguy 90 1/2 ton status

Go to the junk yard and pull them off a wrecked blazer, I was at pic n pull today and I was looking at those brackets on an 84 blazer, they just bolt on to the bottom of the frame.

3. Last2wd

Last2wd Registered Member

just do not reuse the brake line.New ones are cheap and well worth the money.Nothing worse then wreckin a nice truck just to save a buck or two

4. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i got new braided lines, im just havin a hard time bendin the hard line straight to line up with the braided line that goes through the frame, i was wondering were to get the drop brackets for the hard lines.

5. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

I'm sure I have an extra set left over from a lift kit. PM me your address, and I'll send them out to you. :D
    Jimbo