Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake line ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblazer433, Aug 1, 2002.

1. bigblazer433

bigblazer433 Registered Member

I got my 6in lift for my 87 blazer the other day and in the kit was two L shaped brackets with a hole at each end. Someone told me that it was for the front brake lines so if it is for the brake lines were and how does it go on there.
    there is nothing in the instructions about these brackets

OH yah this is my first post here at coloradok5 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

welcome to the board bigblazer. You found a great site for technical stuff on your K5. A lot of these guys are really knowedgable and have helped me out many times. I got those same brackes with my 4" rancho lift and mine were suppose to mount to the bolt that holds the front crossmembers to the frame. you're suppose to alos re-route your hard brake lines to these L-brackets. PITA. easier and better to go get the braided lines for a 6" lift. No flex in the line so better pedal and no need to re-route lines. just my opinion.

- Jersey