Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake Lines , and 44's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ProJunkRacing, Mar 16, 2006.

1. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

I just about got my rig done and I am doing some horse Trading for some 44" Boggers. Question is i got 6" of lift no inner fenders up front , where are the places i will most likely have to cut pictures ?

seconde question looking for an extended brake line set for my d60 since the az ones i got would not fit and leak everywhere . anyone else ever have isssues with the lines leaking at the banjo bolts i used copped washer at the head and at the caliper and still leaked like crazy.

2. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

6" and 44's I think its safe to say your gonna have to cut the whole thing....

4. ProJunkRacing

so which would i use ?

5. ProJunkRacing

why do you say that i had 38.5s no problem if i want the body to be 10 feet in the air alot of cutting but no i want low cog

6. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

i have 44 boggers on 16.5x 12 with 4 in of backspacing and 8 in. lift. i have no inner fenders and i have cut the fenders to the cab and i have cut out all of the bottom of the rad. support that the inner fenders attach to. so that they fit with no rubbing lock to lock. i'll look for some pics.

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

yea low is cool for the trail you dont want to be tall. but a 44 bogger is a BIG tire way bigger then any 38.5 and there really wide too

8. ProJunkRacing

yeah the guy i am getting them from jaysons k5 is on 4" susp 3" body so yeah but he tapered it too soo yeah i shall see this weekend

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

you're gonna need to move the front axle forward quite a bit, and with that amount of lift, its going to look more hacked up than Tim's truck. BTW, nice way to kill a decent crawl ratio with those tires. :screwy: if i would've known you were going to go that route, i probably would've left the 52s up front. probably would've done alot better, since the axle ended up 4.5" forward.

10. xpndbl3

xpndbl3 1/2 ton status

did you use a copper washer above AND below the banjo bolt? if so make sure everything is clean and tighten it down until it doesn't leak

11. jaysonsk5

jaysonsk5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is what my k5 looked like with 44's. it has 4"rc lift and a 3" bl, oh and a zero rate up front. it would rub a little at full lock when it was at full stuff. i was happy with it. just can't belive that i'm going from 44 boggers to 38 tsl's:doah: :doah: :doah: :doah:

12. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

always liked the way it looked. why to 38s???????????

13. jaysonsk5

jaysonsk5 1/2 ton status

i just re-did most of the drive train. i swapped to a th400 and 205.i also am putting a dana60 together with a spool and 5.13,yukon 4340 shafts, drive flanges and i'm going to full hydro.oh and i'm puting in ths s@w 10 point cage so i'm thinking that i'm going to take the body lift off and run the cage to the frame. when this is done than i will look in to making some drop hanger for the front and run 52's. not shure what i will end up doing but i will be getting some new meats, thinking about some fresh 44" boggers or maybe the 47" ltb's but they look a little skinny. you know how it is, you build it than rebuild it and then do it agin. some day maybe it will be done. than agin this was stock 3 years ago.

i needed the 38's to get into the Cliffs, i talked to someone out there and they said that they did not want anyone in the park with tires bigger than 40"s. i think that it is silly. it's not like i'm going in to run the easy trails on 44" boggers.

14. ProJunkRacing

yeah looks like i am going to be doing a body lift despite what others say about them

and thanks again to jayson for are good deal making helluva guy

IMG_0820.JPG

15. Broke_Wheeler

Broke_Wheeler Registered Member

I just wanted to compliment you jason on your rig. Out of all the trucks ive seen on here or the trail, i must say your always stands out in my mind as the coolest and is definately the motivation for my rig. Cant wait too see it when your start the new buildup.

16. jaysonsk5

jaysonsk5 1/2 ton status

thanks for the ego boost,j/k
    but that makes me feel good and if you guys want to see the build up this time around i'll take some pics and post em up for ya. i never thought that my rig was anything to fuss over so this is kinda funny to me. in the next 2 weeks or so i am going to do a home made hydo set up, get my 60 under the k5 and cage the thing. right now i'm not shure what i'm going to do with the springs. kinda thinking about puting my 4"rc rears on the front? not shure yet. let me know and i'll post some pics of the build-jayson

17. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

dayum im having trouble keeping my hawgs from rubbing and yall got 44's under there with the same amount of lift!!!!!!! :eek1:

Yeah low cog is nice... my truck barely fits down the trails.... and im talking height wise not width wise!!!! :haha:

im thinking a 2" body lift to get mine from touching... but inner fenders are still in.. maybe figure a way to make my own.... all I need is a spot to bolt my batteries to... I need the inners as MUD, MUD, MUD!!!!!

amen to yall low lift and huge tire guys.... im still thinkin in a few years mog axles.... so then it it is like having 44's since the mogs have nice axle clearance....

also to think I was going with rockwells and 53's back in 1997!!! I would have never fit down the trails then!!! :crazy: