Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake lines for Dodge Dana 60 front, putting in my Blazer..............

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Silver84k5, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

easy question, I did a search nothing came up so.......... What do i do to make my brake lines fit? I have to steel braided extended brake lines that hooked up my 10 bolt, what do i got to do to hook up the Dodge d60 brakes? I want steel braided extended ones so it would be cool to use my old ones, If not, Anyone got prices on some that would fit? (steel braided and extended) Thank you

2. Quack_Addict

Quack_Addict 1/2 ton status

If the threads on your lines and the calipers match, I would think that all you need to do is just hook the lines up to the calipers. If the threads are different, you might need to have your stainless lines reworked and some new fittings installed. Also, if the threads don't match up, you might be able to find some sort of adaptor fitting at a parts place that would make your existing lines work... but I'd rather have a line-end fitting screw directly into the caliper if it were me.

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

WHEN YOU say parts place you talking about a parts store? whenever i go in a parts store they dont knbow a damn thing about anything, took me 2 days and like 7 different stores just to get 8 lug nut studs, got a recomendation on where to go? i would appreciate it

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

my dodge 60 uses a bango type fitting at the caliper, and the threads were the same at the frame.
    I am using the 90-93 stock dodge lines.

could measure the bango but if you have everything in front of you so could you, or just test fit

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Instead of a parts store try a brake shop like a Midas or a Les Shwab. I had the same problem with the 8-bolt lugs untill I went to a tire shop.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i got the ectended brake lines from 4wpw for a 10bolt front and they bolt up just fine /forums/images/icons/smile.gif