Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake Lines--Need Help

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kenaik5, Jan 25, 2007.

1. kenaik5

kenaik5 Registered Member

I had to cut my hard brake lines from my master cylinder to proportioning valve. I was trying to mail order a new set from somewhere, but all they list is sets for 2wd. Q: Does anyone know if they are interchangeable? I don't see why they wouldn't be, but i don't want to order them if they are just going to be wrong. Any advice would be great. THanx :D

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure if the lines might be different depending on whether the 2wd truck has disks up front. What year is your K5 and does it have disks up front? If it were me, I would just go to your local parts store and get some straight pieces and bend them to fit. Take your old lines that you had to cut so you get the right diamter and fittings.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

This is a good place to getum:
    http://www.inlinetube.com/

I don't know anythng about a 2x4 but I do know the 1/2ton setup is different than the 1ton setup. So I assume if you get the 1/2 ton stuff it will fit fine.
    Good Luck

4. kenaik5

It is a 72 with power disc in the front. I Really don't have the time or the skills to bend my own lines. Plus i would like it to look fairly nice under the hood.:D

5. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Inlinetube has them. They fit perfectly. Just tell them what truck you have and they'll figure it out.

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

.x2

7. kenaik5

Thanks, i'm currently talking with inlinetube. It sounds like they are going to have what i need. Thanks for all the help. Kenai:laugh: