Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake lines?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by highrlr, Dec 9, 2004.

1. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Ok, my 4" lift is ordered and on it way for my '89 GMC Jimmy, what I was wondering is will the stock brake lines work for a 4"? maybe if I dont disconect the swaybar? I would buy longer ones but I plan on doing a 1ton axle swap this spring and I am not sure if brake lines for the 10 bolt will work for the 60/14bolt axles? anyone know if they will? Thanks for any help!

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  3. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the link but I cant get it to work? If the lines for a 10 bolt will also work for a dana 60 then I might just do steel braided lines right away, is that what the napa ones are or are they just regular rubber lines? How about a rear brake line, is that also the same from a 10bolt to a 14 bolt?

4. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

never mind about the link, I just noticed that the thread was on the 1st page right under my post!

5. MTBLAZER89

LOL I saw that fixed the link too. They are rubber lines, but for less than $20 a side they are great. I think the rear part number is in there too, or you can get away with just dropping the hard line a bit unless you have a ton of droop inthe rear.

6. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Cool, I hadnt really checked out the rearend yet but Ill probably just try to relocate the hard line first and see if that gives me enough length, I will be running an ORD 4" shackle flip with stock springs and stock shock location for now so im not expecting real awesome flex until I move the shocks and get some longer travel ones.

7. MTBLAZER89

I just replied in the other thread and added some pictures.:waytogo:

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got brake line extensions from NAPA that work very well. Lets me carry a spare and they were about $25 IIRC.

9. la_blazer82

la_blazer82 1/2 ton status

I ordered 4" ProComp stainless braided lines from ORD. They weren't cheap; they were $97 for the complete set. I ordered a bunch of stuff from ORD at the same time, so it was just easier at the time. Buying them alone, I'd probably go with extended OEM rubber lines.

10. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Thats where I ordered all my stuff from also, I shoulda got the lines at the same time but i was unaware that I could use the same lines when I do my 1ton swap so I didnt want to spend any money on them if i couldnt use them a few months down the road.