Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Chris, Jul 10, 2005.

1. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

anybody know what the length is for stock front brake lines? what is usually your criteria for length? do you just take the stock length, and add the height it's lifted? i cant really flex my suspension out to see what it does right now, i just need to get some lines. my aftermarket front lines are 24", but i dont think they are quite long enough.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

why can't ya flex the suspension and measure? its really the only way to know for sure. You can guestimate to of course... I did for mine. I got some bling lines from keithflux over on pirate, he sells Crown Performance stuff. Kevlar + stainless = bling. I went with 36" lines... my 52s allow for a lot of droop. if its "to much" oh well... someday when I have links I'll use the rest. ;)

j

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

If you went anything more than a 2.5" lift, get some extended lines. You'll be thankful you did. I think I went with 36" extended lines on the front of mine.

4. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

thats exactly the lines i'm getting. i dont really have anything to flex on around here.

i used to have 2.5" lift, and it had 24" extended lines on it. i now have 6" lift, and they work, but seem to be a little short.

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I was pulling my stock lines tight with my 2.5" lift when I lived in Las Vegas. I went the less expensive route and bought front brake lines for a '91 1/2 ton 2wd chevy. bolted up just fine and are about 4" longer than stock. I'll get the braided ones when I go up another 4" or so in a year or 2. In the pic below I could almost play my right front like a guitar string. :D :thumb:

[​IMG]

Rick