Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake pads and bearings

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rick88blaze, Dec 13, 2003.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I will probably be getting a 14bff soon, and I need to know if 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton front ten bolts use the same brake pads and bearings? this way I know what to get if I go ahead and convert the front to 8 lug also. I won't be changing the front gears to match until later, I just need to get rid of my rear 10 bolt before it goes on me, (it's making too many noises for me /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif) /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Just so you know, I'll be disconnecting my front driveshaft until I get the front gears matched up with the back.
    Rick

2. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Checking bearing part numbers at O'Reilly auto parts, the numbers are the same between a 1/2t & 3/4t. The brake pads are the same.

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

jwduke,

thanks for the info. I didn't even think about checking the website's for part numbers. After I read your post, I checked Autozone and the numbers match up there too. thanks again for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

4. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

No problem Rick, thats what we are ALL here for!!