Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake Parts Needed

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by az-k5, Nov 3, 2003.

1. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I lost a caliper bolt on my front end this weekend, got a spare bolt and bushing put in. Here is the problem:
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifAs the bolt walked it's way out it just boogered (sp) the threads in the backing plate. Is that threaded piece a seperate part that is pressed in or do I need a whole new backing plate mounting bracket
    The axle is a 1975 dana 44 3/4 ton 8 lug external hub
    (ya know the first generation one)
    If you can help, or know where to get one, please let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Well I found out there is no easy fix except to get a new backing plate. This is the update. Does anybody have one or knowledge of the location of one: caliper mounting/backing plate, for a 10 bolt or dana 44 3/4 ton (part is taller than a 1/2 ton). I called randy at Driven Auto and they say they are out of them. I'm gonna call again on wed.
    Any help is good help

Thanx
    p.s. Marv if the one you have is a 3/4 ton version I'll be out there this weekend.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Re: Brake question

purty shure I got one in the backyard on the Blue Blazer...
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif You gotta come pull it off - and bring beer!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Marv

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I updated this post. Now I need a backing plate (as stated above). Thanx