Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sams78chevy, Aug 9, 2005.

1. sams78chevy

sams78chevy Registered Member

So i finally got my truck running and evertything buttoned up until i went to bleed the brakes. I would have someone pump them and then hold them and i would crack the bleeder vaulve and nothing comes out except for in the front, I think there might be a problem with my porportioning vaulve on the front crossmember? Any help would be appreciated.

2. jfabert

jfabert 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Is your brake light coming on in the dash? I had the same problem. The way I fixed mine is by "stomping" the brakes trying to push it through the floor a few times. That should recenter the valve and the rear brakes should bleed. Just make sure you open the bleeder very slow or you will have to re set the valve again. Or just gravity bleed them by taking off the cover to the master brake cilinder and opening both back bleeders until all the air is gone. Hope this helps.

3. sams78chevy

sams78chevy Registered Member

When i do that i pump the brakes right?What about no fluid getting to the front?

4. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Ok so one more time where do you get fluid out of? I usually start with right rear. Working my way from the farthest wheel to the closest.

5. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

are you holding the little button on the combo valve in? (i use zip ties so i dont end up needing 3 people)