Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake problem

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by skyblazin, Jun 12, 2002.

1. skyblazin

skyblazin Registered Member

ok guys i need your help. every other problem i've had i read the post and get the answer from them . this time i haven't seen this problem.driving down the road start braking and i get a metalic noice. new brakes, rotor turned, new bearings , new ball joints, i took the wheel off and i think the calipor bracket is flexing into the wheel. has anyone had this problem. could it be metal fatigue. or is it bent,could i weld something in there to make it stronger. i'm at a loss here.any ideas.i want to put 1 ton running gear on it in the future so i don't want to dish out a lot of cash now. thanks in advance
    scott

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

It is hard to tell what the problem could be without taking a look at it.
    If you do find that the backing plates are bent I am sure you could find someone who has some laying around after a 8-lug conversion. Or you could just do the 8-lug conversion now insted of later.

3. ed rex

ed rex Registered Member

Are you running 15 or 16 inch rims? With 15" rims I was getting rub from the diskbrake (front brakes) caliper to the inside of the rim. I ended up grinding down the caliper with the Makita grinder to make room. Didn't want to put a wheel spacer on.

4. 68 Suburban

68 Suburban Registered Member