Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake problem.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85 Shortbox, Sep 30, 2002.

1. 85 Shortbox

85 Shortbox 1/2 ton status

I blew the steel brake line running to the rear and replaced it. Then I went to bleed it and nothing happens. Feels like it is just sending pressure to the front. Any ideas? Thanks

2. rh88k5

rh88k5 Registered Member

Did your master cylinder go dry? Might have to bleed that too!

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well I hope you don't end up with what I had, same thing happened, and we tried so many things after that and nothing seemed to work untill we changed the lines and the master cylinder.
    The problem was moisture in the cylinder and some gunk from moisture in the lines. We could have just blown them clean but we prefered going with new.
    I would suggest purging the whole system and the best way is to unhook all the ends and blow the lines clean and then putting new brake fluid and bleeding all the connection from back to front, and remember it's always best to change all the fluid every 2 years, because brake fluid has the tendency to absorb moisture and that ruins seals and makes spungy pedal feel.
    IceMan