Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake Problems

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Oct 11, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I think my master is failing. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have to pump up the breaks before i crank the truck. then after like 2 minutes were floor boarding again. the will stop if i put it in Neutral. also sitting at redlights its either neutral or stand on it with both feet. i was trying to wait until i got the knuckles from Bigorange90jimmy to tend to this but its getting worse. And today when i start to stop it goes Grind Bump Grind bump. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Whats up with that? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif its equally spaced and in time like when tha axel turns. i checked my u joints and theyre good. its not my front driveshaft cause it always slaps around some and i know that one. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif It only does this on stopping, not during driving or acceleration. anybody have an idea? Also how hard is to drbuild a master cylinder? If i dont take it off the hard lines just the booster will i still have to rebleed everything?

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    69K5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    nathan

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

You can buy a new master for around $75.00, I just replaced mine, As far as re-bleeding the system, if you disconnect any line you can get air into the system. So that will have to be addressed when you get to that point. Before you install the new or rebuilt master cylinder you will have to bench bleed it (add brake fluid and re-circulate it through the master cylinder, hook up lines that will dump it back into the reservoir and pump it till you get no bubbles). /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

I would inspect your shoes and drums .... Grinding should be addresed immedietly...