Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake pull to right

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by antta99, Feb 7, 2004.

1. antta99

antta99 Registered Member

Ever since I bought my truck it has had a pull to the right under moderate to heavy braking. Ive replaced the calipers,pads,drums,wheel cylinders and shoes.The truck has braided steel lines on it from the prevoius owner. The alaigment is good as are the tierods and stuff. Any suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

Check that the shoes are adjusted close to the same and that both adjusters are working properly.

Having 1 drum out of adjustment will cause a pull under those conditions. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Check your shocks, your shackles your springs your spring bushings, sway bar bushings, tire pressure.

4. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Is it lifted? You may be experiencing bump steer.

5. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is it lifted? You may be experiencing bump steer.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

6. antta99

antta99 Registered Member

Its lifted 2 1/2 inches. I was thinking about putting a drop pitman arm on it.Thanks for the ideas.

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Check ball joints and TRE's Also even with a 2.5 inch lift is messes up the geometry on the sway bar. Unbolt it and see if it goes away. If you want ot keep the sway get the ORD correction/disconnect kit. Makes a big difference. Steering brace also make a big improvement in handling both on and off road. I run both thos parts on my 75 and it has better ride and better feel under braking then our stock 79 did.

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Mine was doin this after my 2" lift. I took it in for alignment and a brake check. They pulled a tape and said my rear axle was a hair forward on the right which made the rear want to goto the left and the front to the right under braking. I figured Id fix it when I shim the back eventually and see.