Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skelly1, Apr 30, 2004.

1. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

I installed a 3/4 ton axle settup and I replaced the master cylinder with a 3/4 ton. This blazer is a 1990, and the ABS computer is long gone. The brakes seem to work ok, but I don't understand what the ABS did before. Would it feed the proportioning valve somehow? Should I use a different proportioning valve? The new master is a new Napa master with the application for a 1990 3/4 ton. The reservoir on it is a little smaller than the old one, and the back brake line tube has a bigger orifice than the old one.

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

The ABS controller would have pulsed the pressure to the rear wheels not allowing them to lock up. If its working fine this way I wouldnt worry about. Ive unplugged many of these before and never had a problem /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Thanks, so it pulses the pressure in the proportioning valve then? So, if that's the case, my proportioning valve is going to be in a default state, meaning no power to the valve, hence no pulsy, meaning no difference between an early valve and a new valve if it's not hooked up. hmmmf