Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sunnyc123abc, Jul 12, 2005.

1. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

i was just wondering....when going down or up a really steep hill...doesnt the brake fluid go to one side and let air in the lines. if so... wat do you do to correct it for fix it. thanx

2. royjones

royjones Trucker upper Premium Member

Alrighty Then

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

You put water in (master cylinders are like radiators, you just top them off with tap water.) As we know, oil floats on water, so this makes sure the brake fluid stays up top above the bubbles.

:eek1: :doah: :haha: :confused: We are kidding, right?

-- A

4. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

5. chevydan3

chevydan3 1/2 ton status

Dude, go get a dead master cylinder and fill it with dot 3 brake fluid. Then tip it over until the holes in the bottom are no longer submerged. That would have to be like a 80 degree angle, or more with the cap on. I don't run my truck at 80 degrees of angle, does anybody? Plus, we do the little thing that we call, "bleeding" which makes sure that no air is in the brakelines. Seriously, the one system that nobody, especially manufactures, skims on is the brakes. Do you really think they would design a braking system that would fail at simple off-camber angles? Maybe you should just fill it up with water, I hear that compressed air works too. :haha: :haha: :haha:

6. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

i know...i know..stupid question, but when i went down a steep hill i lose my braking power and couldn't stop. but when i was flat again it was ok, except that i it felt like there was air in my brake lines,cause there was not much braking power the i depressed it all the way. maybe i was low on fluid.

7. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

maby the lid on your master cylinder is craked or broken or missing, and fulid just pored out when you were on a steep hill