Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by badzr2, Mar 6, 2002.

1. badzr2

badzr2 Registered Member

qyestion: My parking brake light won't turn off in my 90 suburban, i check the brake lines. they are all ok, no leaks. i checked the fluid resivoir, its full. What else could it be? I haven't had a chance to look at it too much, just kinda looking for a place to start. thanks

2. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

Do you have ABS? If so, I would guess something electrical with the ABS system. If not, maybe proportioning valve? Just thinking out loud. Good luck.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

check the ebrake, may have a kinked cable or it may not have came all the way out so the electronics thinks it's still engaged...also thinking out loud

4. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Disco the ABS harness at the master cylinder and see if the light goes out. If it does tthen the ABS is the problem.
    Shawnboy.

5. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

When my e-brake light doesn't go out, it's because the pedal didn't come up all the way. I just pull it up with my foot.

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Also check for a leaking wheel cylinder. You have to pry back the dust boots to check them.