Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brake question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beater_k20, Jan 8, 2004.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'm going to be putting my 86 C10 on a K series chassis, but i'm wondering what i'll need to do for brakes as far as the booster and MC. will my stock 86 C10 units work? if not, what will i have to swap?

2. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

I done a C to K swap with my 75 Cheyenne Super 2 years ago, I ran the stock C stuff up until the M/C went out, it stopped ok, but I would have liked better brakes. When it went out, I swapped the whole set up for a 3/4 ton set up, I had to end up changing the pedal inside cause of booster plunger hole size difference, that ans I did'nt have a big enough drill bit to woller the hole out /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but if ya ain't got the heavier stuff, "c" stuff in my experience would work, just be sure the rear brake are set up correctly to provide maximum braking, I ran the "c" stuff and 33's with out a problem, hope it helps, just my experience, not guranteed /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif