Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake troubles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NE79, Mar 2, 2002.

1. NE79

NE79 1/2 ton status

Mar 10, 2000
    Here was my problem:
    Every once in a while, when i hit the brake pedal, it would go close to the floor and my e-brake light would come on.
    Here is my current problem:
    After some asking around, consensus was that the master cylinder was bad. So i replaced that and bled the brakes, everything worked well for a week, then the same thing started happening again.
    As stopping is a good and essential thing in a vehicle, my question is, what should i look at now?
    It wouldn't be the booster, would it? I would think it would be more consistant.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Feb 21, 2001
    The brake light comes on when there is a difference in pressure in the lines. This is generally a leak in the hydrolic system. I would check the rear wheel cylinders first. You have to take the drum off and pry back the dust boot on the wheel cylinder to see if they are leaking. If they are leaking it will be wet behind the dust boot and some might drip out when you pry it back.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>