Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake tubing

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by grendel, Jul 26, 2004.

1. grendel

grendel 1/2 ton status

Alright guys,
    My buddies' try at bending stainless tubing has caused some major leakage. It was a solid effort, but the tubing is just too [darn] thick.

So, I am looking at buying some prebent shite.

The only problem, I am running a later model P/V that shold be mounted on the frame, instead of hanging it off the MC.

the PV I have used two ports for the front brakes instead of splitting the line from the PV like my 71 had.

Opinions on using a 73 Blazer line kit to fit my 71 Blazer?

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

All the stainless brake tubing (AN -3 stuff) I have bent I did with a cheep ($4) parts store bender and my hands. I never had any problem except when at the very end...so I just left it long till it was bent then cut and flaired it. Is the stuff you are using really made for brake line? The brake line is normally annealed (dead soft condition) so that it flares well without splitting. Does the stuff you are using show a seam on it? My guess it that it is just the quality of line that you are using.

3. grendel

grendel 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it's brake tubing... for airplanes or tanks.

It's hella thick, which is why it won't flare correctly.

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

just go to the parts store and buy the right stuff, a 60 inch piece is only 7 bucks at autozone /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif