Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake Work Last Weekend.....Long Rant

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by daleearnhardt01, Oct 14, 2003.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I drive 3 hours home from college so I can do some much needed work on the Jimmy. The brakes pulled hard to the left, needed to install rear seatbelts, run wire, and wash it good. I figured the caliper on the right side was bad or there was mud in the brakes. I take it to the shop where I work when Im home and let the boss drive it...definetely a front brake problem. Since I didnt have time to do the job that day I ordered 2 calipers from the parts people so I could do them on Saturday. Get down there Saturday morning and pull it apart and put the new calipers on. Got one of the boys to hop in the truck to help me bleed. Crack open the right side and nothing comes out but I hear fluid spirting out on the left side. Go over there and its coming out where the banjo bolt goes into the caliper. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. Take brake hose off and put new washers on...still no good. Thats fine I called Carquest and had a new caliper and banjo bolt delivered. Put it on and it doesnt leak but when driving the left wheel locks up. Pull inside the shop now so I can get the truck up in the air to bleed all 4 wheels. Doesnt solve the problem. Call Carquest again and get try to order another caliper and brake hoses. No caliper, (I guess I got the last one earlier)but I got hoses. Put hoses on and bleed wheels again. Tried to turn rotor and still locked up. Ugh whats the problem....by this time it was late and I threw the old caliper back on. The new caliper on the right side solved the original problem but I wanted a new caliper on both sides. But to get 2 defective calipers from two different parts people blows my mind.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

That sucks dude! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Never seen that happen before. Have had a hose clogged before, but never a new caliper sticking like that.. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Sorry to hear about all your troubles...

John

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Its all good, I just might run to advance or someplace up here and get one and put it on in the parking lot....that will be a site to see. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Well Im coming back home this weekend so I can finish the work that never got started....so that means Ill come back to Newtown. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Now Im pissed cause I couldnt get tickets to the Miami game..... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif