Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brake ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazd88, Nov 30, 2006.

1. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

Ok so after finishing new suspension (B-52 kit pics soon to come). Drove it around and no back brakes. I did the disc swap awile back and it hasnt gone anywhere since. Bleed the hell out of them and the master cylinder is only pushing to the front brakes. Did some trash get in the MC during the swap and F up the MC. The rear of the MC (front brakes) is visually pumping. When the pedal is pushed fluid basicly squirts but nothing from the front. Cant even bleed the front(rear brakes) of the MC because it wont pressurize. So do I just get another MC?

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I would suggest yes, unless you can see another problem right away. My guess is you probably busted an o-ring on the piston.

3. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

I also just remembered that I have a 78 1 ton ,that I canabalized for the D60, which has hydro boost. The engine is a I-6 292 so not sure of the bracketry swapping over. Should I try going that direction or just buy a newer and larger MC.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Pump should be comaptible; move the hoses and everthing over, sure.

DON'T use the hydroboost master on your vacuum booster or vice versa, bad things will result. (Don't ask me how I know :doah: )

-- A

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Did you make your own hard lines for the rear? A itty bitty angle in a flare will cause air to be introduced into the line under pressure. I went through what you are going through about 8 months ago. three different size MCs, 3 proportioning valves, a couple of sets of calipers, a couple gallons of brake fluid, all new stainless lines. Bled the Mc on the bench, then all of the lines. no visable leaks. But, putting pressure on the brake pedal overnight, found just 1 drop of fluid at a connection. Not big enough to leak fluid out normally, but enough of a space to suck air in.

Good Luck!

6. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

if you saw my disc brake post, its basically the same issue, cept i dont have pressure in either resovoir. I did purchase a new m/c and it will all go toegther tommorow, and I'll know alot more. Kinda sounds like we have similar issues.