Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brakes and electrical questions...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddysub, Feb 4, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ok the suburban needs new brake pads this weekend but i think i'll replace my calipers too. not sure though. they're the origninal calipers (160k miles on em) and the truck pulls HARD to the left when i have to stop fast. like changing lanes kinda hard. it's really starting to bug/scare me. so would it be wise to replace the calipers too? could they be causing this? it needs an alignment but would that cause this pulling?

and my electrical problem... i blow the backup and turn signal light fuse about once a weekk. why is this? its a 10 amp could i just put a 15 or 20 in it?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sounds like the caliper on the right side is siezed. Replace them, they're inexpensive.

Don't just stick a bigger fuse in there. The fuse is blowing for a reason...find the reason and prevent burning down your truck. You probably have a bad wire shorting somewhere.

Rene

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

thanks man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif so i have some wire searching to do? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif