Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brakes, fluids (noob questions)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTChevy, May 7, 2006.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I am putting a 3/4 D44 in the front of my 85K10... everything is going good... The banjo bolt for the brakes is bigger on the 44 then on the 10 bolt i had. I was wondering instead of changing brake lines could i just put the calipers from the 10 bolt onto the 44? if not what brake lines would i want instead? something longer than stock too preferrably. My next question is should i just put regular 80 90 in my open 14BFF and D44? thanks for the help guys

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

you can either put on the D44 brakes or get the correct banjo bolt and use the existing brake lines, if you want longer front brake lines you can relocate the lines with a Tab you weld to the frame, this comes in most lift kits

3. MTChevy

you cant change the size of the bolts on the caliper can you?:confused:

4. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

you might be able to if you get the right size tap, but you would need to take apart the entire caliper and get a rebuild kit for the caliper, it could probley be done but i don't think it would be worth it

5. MTChevy

I guess i would best be off getting new lines. now i just need to find what ones i need

6. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

a 10b has a 10mm banjo and a 44 has a 7/16". the calipers will be a direct swap. but you cannot run the wrong banjo bolt for the brake line. well, you might be able to but i certainly wouldnt advise it for a street truck.

and yes, 80-90 in the diffs.