Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brakes, how do these work? (picture)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Taylor, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Taylor

Taylor 1/2 ton status

I have these two things that I assume are bleader valves attached to my master cylinder. My question is how do these work, are they just for bleading the master cylinder?

Click on this link for photo.
    web page

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

those are a type of acculator IIRC

they were in the magasines claiming to act as a cheap add on ABS

cannot recall the name so I couldnt get a link for you /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Thats what I was thinking too. Some kind of acumulator, probably some kind of presurized diaphram in there or something.

I would think you would just bleed the system normaly, they shouldn't have an impact on the bleeding procedure at all, because they should remain open (I wouldn't think they close the line off, like the Electroinc Anti-Lock brake systems do, of which only close the line in a hard ABS activation stop any-ways)

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

thats meesed up.... i have bleeder valves directly on my MC. i bleed the system as usual and then i bleed those muthas and that is what makes my pedal as hard as a rock. i love this MC. it was a rebuilt one from autozone. it was like $7. ill get a pic up later

NITRO

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I saw something like that in a Summit or Jegs magazine. It's an aftermarket ABS.