Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brakes o joy!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big Red, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

<font color="red"> well, after finally getting my wheel off (talked about that in the wheel locks post) and i need to know if the rotors come with studs installed or not. if they do, then great! if not, i gotta buy new studs but i dun wanna install them with an impact. any way to do that? or should i just bring'em down to a local garage and ask them too? anyways, i found out the lower bolt for my pass caliper was broke...was wonderin why she pulled to that side. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif plus, the auto hubs look easy as hell to pull off now. i took teh cap off and they seemed fine. one bolt had sum crap on it so im assuming the little rubber seal on it is bad and leaked a little gear oil out. no biggie. i think imma find a digital camera and make this a tech article for everyone elses benefit, as the hayns manual shows jack squat about automatic hubs. then newbs to them like me can have an easier time. so, shortly (well, hopefully) i'll p[ost up sum pics. thanks for lettig me babble on! lol.
    </font>

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

The rotors come bare and must be put on the hubs , and have the studs presed in. Some guys pull the studs through by tightening up the lugs. I DON'T LIKE THAT. You could hammer them in , or have them pressed in. I hammered mine in when I replaced a broken one. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

whatya mean put on the hubs? is that sumthin i could do? or should i leave that to a local shop? btw, just got rotors and pads, plus new caliper bolts for both sides. grand total so far is $88.35 haven't gotten studs yet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif