Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BRAKES!!!!squirrly, gear heads please help

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by trailromper, Jan 8, 2003.

1. trailromper

trailromper Registered Member

When I step on the brakes, my '94 blazer 1500 will pull to the right what is causing this. I have a hard time keeping it straight when i step on the brakes. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

Check your front brakes, right side could be grabbing, or left side might not be working, either situation could make it pull right. It could also be suspension related, something worn or loose allowing the suspension to shift under braking and causing it to steer right.

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Check the air pressure in the tires, if you have access to the rotors, check to see if they are grooving from the pads...if you just did a break job on them did you get the kit from Chevy? It has new o-rings and grease to get the job done right /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

What type wheels on it.I used 10's for a while and they were rough on the wheel bearings.Would cause low pedal on first pump pulled any direction, not like caliper sticking which acts the same each time stopping.Changed to older 8 inch rally wheels and ended bearing trouble,except for getting mud in them.Just can't seem to stay out of it for some reason. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif