Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brakes - Steve Chin, Thanks

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blue Bus, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Blue Bus

Blue Bus Registered Member

Hi All,
    I've been lurking here awhile and I feel I know most of you by your posts. Well, I finally have something to say. Steve Chin, thanks for the great information on your site about rear disks and swapping other brake components. I did the swap a couple of weeks ago and now I have brakes! I used the TSM kit with longer SS braided lines. I acquired the caddy calipers and the other parts from a wrecking yard. My only problem is that I have a hard peddle (still). I'm pulling about 20.5" of vacum off the power booster line. I couldn't locate the vapor filter with the power booster so I went without it. Is the power booster dying on me or do I just live with the hard peddle? My brakes still rock, I just had to find something to complain about. Thanks again,

Ed

2. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Blue Bus,

Do you have the website for the TSM kit and the details, I am going to do this mod, and I was looking for the details.

Robzilla

3. Blue Bus

Robzilla,
    I think the website is www.tsmmfg.com. There's not alot of information there but it's worth a look. You can buy the brackets alone for @ $120 or $140 (I don't remember). I ended up buying the brackets, rotors (modified mid-90's GM 1/2 4x4 stuff) and 16" steel braided lines. To my door it was $310. I bought it through ORD and I'm glad I did.... Stephen Watson suggested longer flex lines (I'd recommend them also). If you can find Steve Chin's website (I don't remember what it is), take a look at it also, he's got some really good information on what else you need to make your brakes awesome. This is the best mod I've done. Hope this helps.

Ed

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Blue Bus, your hard pedal is likely due to a failing booster. I used the vapor separator in my setup. You can see it in the ninth picture from the top of my Blazer Pix page. Not sure why you couldn't get one in there...

My URL is: <a target="_blank" href=http://http:www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1963>http:www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1963</a>

5. Blue Bus

Steve,
    Thanks for the info. I didn't use the vapor filter cause I couldn't find one. I went to NAPA to see if they carried it, but they had no idea what I was talking about. Thanks again.

Ed