Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BRAKES????WHAT BRAKES??!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5RANGER, Apr 11, 2001.

1. K5RANGER

K5RANGER Registered Member

LONG STORY....LOST BRAKES, SCREWED TRANSMISSION!
    HAD TO SLAM TRANSMISSION INTO PARK TO KEEP FROM GOING INTO MAJOR TRAFFIC WHEN ONE BRAKE LINE EXPLODED. NOW.......I CAN CHANGE GEARS MANUALLY BY TURNING KNOB ON THE TRANS,. HOUSING, BUT NOT WHEN LINKAGE IS CONNECTED. I CAN SEE NO EVIDENCE OF BINDING IN THE OUTER LINKAGE, CAN THERE BE A PROBLEM IN THE COLUMN? THE SHIFT INDICATOR DOESN,T READ CORRECTLY NOW..IT SHOWS NEUTRAL WHEN I'M IN REVERSE. THE TRANS. WILL NOT GO PAST NEUTRAL W/OUT GIVING IT A FIGHT, AT WHICH TIME IT WILL GO ALL THE WAY TO LOW 2 THEN WORK UP TO DRIVE. I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH STEERING COLUMNS OR THEIR GUTS..AND BEFORE I FIND OUT HOW MESSY IT CAN BE, I THOUGHT I'D SEEK SOME ADVICE, HELP, AND/OR FREE THERAPY.

THIS IS A TH350 IN A 78 K5<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by K5RANGER on 04/11/01 05:58 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

There is a clip on the column that rotates with the column and moves the indicator needle. Just move the clip tot hte left and it will be fixed...thats the smallest of your problems now though...

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

3. im_2gr82h8

im_2gr82h8 Registered Member

I feal your pain!!!!! I just blew out 2 rear wheel cylinders and broke my front passenger side rotor colpletely off! It was just hanging on the axle. :) At least you had 2 brakes to stop with, I only had 1.