Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brakes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CenTxk5blazer, Mar 15, 2005.

1. CenTxk5blazer

CenTxk5blazer Registered Member

I'm working on the brakes on my dad's 91 C1500. I've replaced the booster and master cylinder. The rear cylinders and calipers are fine so are the pads, disks, and drums. The problem is that the brake light comes when I push the pedal to the floor.

I've checked the lines and there aren't any leaks. When I bled the rear there wasn't hardly any fluid coming through the bleeder screw and plastic line. Could there be dirt in the line that's blocking the flow? If I disconnected the hard line from the rear cylinders, could i use compressed air (at a low psi) to clear the lines at the junctuion block?

Any other suggestions or commenst would be great?

2. CenTxk5blazer

CenTxk5blazer Registered Member

3. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

The brake light usually comes on for unequal brake line pressure. I'm not sure where these sensors are located, but I think if the lines are blocked, master cylinder bad, or the junction block is bad or sticking all could be a cause for this. Hope this helps start something to help you.