Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brakes???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Flyinhi86, May 26, 2001.

1. Flyinhi86

Flyinhi86 Registered Member

Having 10bolt axle, I am assuming(hate that word) that I only have 1/2 ton brake system. I am running 35 by 13.5 tires with 4" lift. It probably be wise to upgrade to better brakes, 3/4 ton or 1 ton??? What is your opinion? What kinda work and cost am I looking at with this upgrade. My brakes need to be done anyways, probably best time to upgrade. Any help would be great, thanks. Jason

2. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

I have 10 bolts under mine with 4.56 gears and lockers running 35/15.50 Superswampers with the factory brake system
    its been like that for 4 years with no problems

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Jason, Are you thinking of new axles in the future? If so, don't waste your money on a brake upgrade on the 10 bolts.
    I have 38.5 x 15 w/10 bolts for now and have had no problem stopping. I will the upgrade after I change my axles if I need it so as to not waste $$$$. Dave

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"6" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....