Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brakes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dylanzr1, Apr 6, 2003.

1. dylanzr1

dylanzr1 Registered Member

does anyone know where I can find a front brake CALIPER MOUNTING BRACKET/BACKING PLATE or whatever it's called for an 86 k-5 blazer 4x4 I have checked dealer, napa, all the usual supects including salvage yards in the area. no luck at all. the blazer pulls hard to the left when you hit the brakes. i replaced calipers/rotors but there is a caliper bolt that won't tighten up so i think the brackets threads are stripped causing the caliper not to engage all the way. any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

2. ed1507

ed1507 Registered Member

u could try retaping it and replaceing the bolt might be a little cheeper /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. dylanzr1

yeah I might have to try that thanks.

4. Lonnie

Lonnie 1/2 ton status

If you are talking about one of the two pins that hold the caliper on..... there is an aftermarket replacement that is oversized to fix a stripped unit. Thay are about $10-$15 & work rather well. Look on some of the "HELP" racks located in many autoparts stores.

5. dylanzr1

thanks lonnie I did not know about that. if I can't find them do you stock them in your parts store?