Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Braking problems

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by clarkjw24, Nov 8, 2004.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got a 93 3/4 4wd sub. When I hit the brakes it shakes and vibrates bad. I've changed the rotors, pads, new studs and tires and rims. Its the non jb6 brake system if that helps. I don't know what else to look at or replace. Any ideas before I scrap this thing?

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I had a 1990 C1500 and currently have a 1995 C1500 and both of them have this problem. On my 1995 (183,000 miles) I replaced all of the tie rod ends, pitman arm, and idler arm and it still does it also. I am starting to wonder if I have a bad bushing or if has something to do with an aging frame or springs. Mine seems sort of like axle wrap/wheel hop, I'm going to have my drums turned and put on new rear brakes to see if it helps.

If you need scrap yours, I'll come hall it off for ya' /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was thinking a little wheel hop also. Could it be worn out shocks? I just put a 2k tranny in this thing. I need to figure this out.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I never thought about it, but it could be the shocks. I know that mine are junk; they were the $8.99 shocks and are a couple of years old now. I will be working on mine within a couple of weeks, if I find anything that fixes it I will let you know.

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

check the joints and bushings-

6. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Throw some Rancho's on it and might be your calipers or master cylinder mabey its losing pressure through old seals or something?