Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brand Loyalty

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 3 on the tree, Jun 21, 2006.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Here's the deal. I have a cherry lo mile (47K) 370 horse 429 FORD engine. Looking at a 79 Bronco w/400 4 speed as a home for the 429. Would you guys still let me wheel with ya if I showed up in it? BTW, if I do this, the 70 will get restored and pampered, not beat up.:confused: :confused:

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

brand loyalty is rediculous... run what works man. personally i love the old 78-79 broncos...

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

As long as you have a good time who cares.

4. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

atleast its not a dodge

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I really like those too, go for it

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

You couldn't wheel with me if you had a Bronco... but only because we live a thousand miles apart :haha:

I have a '95 Mustang and 5 older Ford trucks, including a '79 Bronco. I'm not brand loyal. I buy what I think is cool and makes me happy.

If you think the Bronco is cool... then go for it!

:D

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

brand loyalty is not rediculous. people have opinions, and like different things. I may not like all country music, but love rock... I may not like sears, but love OSH, its all [SIZE=-1]preference. If i like all chevy body styles over fords, I can say i like chevy's better than fords. That doesn't mean i think any less of ford drivers, just that I'm loyal to chevy because I've liked their vehicles better my whole life. Does it mean chevy is better? No, do I hate ford? no, its just [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]preference. [/SIZE]

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you must do a Furd Donko, atleast get a late 60's. Always liked that body style.

9. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

My 429 won't fit twen the fenders of a 1st gen Bronco!:mad: Early Broncos are also very pricey, and I be poor.

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I like the 78-79 2nd Gen Broncos. IMO when they were porduced in stock form they were far superior to a K5 in off road capabilities. They were stronger,better attack and departure angle, and sat 2" or 3" higher.
    Personally I have no brand loyality. I was just down at the local GM gealer looking to trade my Chev Montecarlo in on a low milage Toyota Highlander they had on their lot. The Trailblazers were just too ugly to even sit in.
    I have 2 Chevys,2 Fords, and one VW sitting in my drive way. Hopefully soon to be - one Chevy and have a Highlander or Lexus rx 300/330 to replace it.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  11. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I originally planned on doing a 78-79 Bronco after selling my 90 Bronco. If I had to do the project all over again, I would've skipped the K5 and done the Bronco after all. I let a friend talk me into the Blazer because he claimed that Chevy parts were more plentiful. My Blazer has turned out nice, but I've always perferred Fords. I know, blasphemy for some, but the truth. I think both brands have their pro's and con's.

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I wheel with two friends that have EB's, one that has a 78 Bronco, and another with an 83, plus a yota and Sami thrown into the mix, so yeah, you can still wheel with me.

John

13. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I'm very brand loyal. Only owned Chevy's all my life. My wife's grandfather left us a '67 F100 and I have thought a million times how much I wish it were a Chevy. I do like the early small broncos, but would rather have a 1st gen. K5. Just my opinion of course. Nothing against those that drive Furds. :D

14. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Bitch!:D :D :D

15. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CustomChevy
    atleast its not a dodge

[​IMG]
    :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

16. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

You can wheel with me any time, I'll bring my Ford strap in case you get stuck. :D Seriously though, as much as I love my GM's, I have had Broncos,Sammies and at the moment a very capable cherokee. The '78-'79 F trucks are a good choice, though my favorite Ford engine is the 300 six.

17. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

You wont like the Fact there was a 1st gen in the junkyard around here then, complete with hard top... I havent been out there for awhile but I wanted it bad. Just needed a motor and rear axle

18. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Why would You want a a late 60's over a 76-77? Same body style but the 76-77 had power disk brakes.

Anyways the 78-79 Broncos rock. Great body lines, wouldn't mind having one along with My Blazer. I even dig the Ramchargers.

19. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah that body style was around from 66-77 in like 73 they added power steering and 75 was the first year of power brakes and steering... i used to be an EB nut!

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Correct Me if I am wrong, but didn't the very first Broncos have Dana 30's in the front? Also the 76-77 were the only ones of the first gens with the big bearing 9" rear end.