Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brand new 1975 Blazer.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by santana, Jul 15, 2003.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Holy crap, talk about the "Little old lady with a '69 Yenko in the barn" story. I'm looking forward to pics! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Dude thats gotta be the coolest thing ever. 28yrs with 143miles sweet.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif holy sh*t man, that is sweet

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

So ummm I'll be the first to ask...when we gonna gut it out and do a full cage, 1 tons and hack the [I love Jeeps] out of it for the 42's???? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

LMAO!!!!
    we're all jealous

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that is fawking cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Take pics of it when you go pick it up, and if possible, get pics of where they found it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

sweet deal dood, those are the stories we like to hear.!!! so whats the retail on a dusty ol 1975 blazer??

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I'm sure you know how to start it up without hurting it. That's a long time for a new engine to sit. Geeesh... What a find... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifWOW /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

OMG... thats some luck you have there! If I were you, I would get out there and buy some lotto tickets today while I was at it! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Cool! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Now on a serious note: Even if you try to do anything to it as far as getting it to run, etc., you probably arent gonna have much luck since most of the seals, rubber parts, etc., are probably gonna be cracked and shot. I can't say the motor will be good after sitting that long but just take it easy at first and try to turn it over by hand rather than key. Check all the fluids, etc., too.

Another idea instead of "butchering" it to make it an off road machine would be to completely restore the truck to showroom condition and keep it that way. Heck, I would not even drive the thing since I would rather keep the mileage intact. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Nothing says it like "YOWZA!" when someone sees the odometer is correct.

Then there is the option of putting it up on eBay and letting a classic collector bid $20,000 for it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Can you say...."extra money for parts for the off road rig?" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

But all this was just my opinion. I still wouldnt do anything to the truck since I would like to see it keep its low miles. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

While Willy and I are helping hack and gut the thing for 42's, we'll send you the odometer ok Westy?!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Don't worry... well be sure to just replace all the fluids before we crank her up and start tearing around on the trails...

15. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

WOW! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    That is amazing!! IMHO you gotta retore it....too valuable to hack up! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

SOmeone finally found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow!! SWEET man!!! Get some pics up ASAP!!!!

17. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

shoudnt be much to restore since its practically brand new. get some pics quick! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

It hasn't seen daylight for 28 years! I bet the paint is even good. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

stories like this almost get me misty eyed /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Take some pictures of where they found it, an where its sittin now. TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!!!!!

20. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

that is just to fricken cool man!!! pics!!! man that sure is somethin to remember right there!! congrats man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif