Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brand New Full Size Blazer????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 74k5inVA, Feb 15, 2002.

1. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

I know I read on here a couple of days ago, or maybe it was on another site about chevy having a concept car that was a brand new full size blazer fully convertible! anybody know anything about it or if pics exist.

If it can't be broken then I haven't had it.
    '74K5 NP203/sm465 4"Lift 35"BFGs 350ci

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

There was a thread on this with pics a while back when we were able to post pics in the forums... There is also a small write up on it in either the new Petersens or the new Foruwheeler!

Mike

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>EMMETT</a>
    says: "<font color=green>It ain't easy being Green!</font color=green>

3. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

i can't find it in the search but i do have the pics at home...only problem is i'm in georgia for the next week and a half..... hopefully by then someone else will remember where the post is........

BAD LUCK is better than no luck at all!!!!
    Is it bad that my truck is older than my wife?

4. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

FOUND IT!!!! Its called the s-5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.pebblenet.com/conceptcarz/views/ShowPic.asp?car_id=3521&amp;picID=12182>http://www.pebblenet.com/conceptcarz/views/ShowPic.asp?car_id=3521&amp;picID=12182</a>

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

5. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

jeez only two pictures. i wanna see more.

6. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I dont know if i do. I am not a big fan of the avalanche styling that it has. (the side rear windows and the slant behind them, I think it looks too much like one of those hondas suzuki kias and and all theother ones.)

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The concept vehicle was based on the 2 door Tahoe platform that is no longer avaialble. That is a pretty good indication that it will not be available for public consumption. Sure was sweet looking. The concept had a 6.0 tunring 400+hp. I'd seriously think of buying one if it was available. The extra door deal was sweet and would fix the one problem we have with out 79 Family K5. Getting the kids loaded.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

8. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

S-5, eh? What does the K5 on the grey I-beam in the foreground of the head on pic mean? Maybe the S was a typo?

Matthew Meyer
    matthewm@inhollywood.com
    '71 Ochre K5 - 4" Lift 35"s
    ZZ4 350 - 700R

9. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

for those who want to see more i found some at www.4chevy.com/k5

10. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I saw it in person last year at the Detroit auto show. It shares everything with the new trucks, front clip portion anyway. The open part was kinda slanted like the 2nd generation Bronocs were. The bed rails were covered with that gray "Avalanche" sp type plastic. I talked to the person hosting the booth and they did not have a hard top made for it. It looked pretty cool. It had all the comforts of the new trucks but, I loved seeing the K5 badge on there!

My $.02

74 Blazer
    Zepplin
    Check out my Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/zepplin1976>http://community.webshots.com/user/zepplin1976</a>

11. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I think they can keep it. Thats some pretty sweet IFS, and I wonder if the plastic is the same stuff on the Avalanche that started to Fall off in the Petersons 4x4 of the year test. Probably rides like a car, and corners nice...lol Probably have a nice quite engine so you don't piss off the neighbors, and nice streetable tires. Better off buying an older model and putting your money into that. Well thats my 2 cents anyways...

12. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'd buy one in a second for my daily driver. I think they look cool, kind of like an Isuzu Amigo on steroids. I'm sure the carbon fiber hard top they were supposed to have would be much easier to remove than ours are! Unfortunately the latest article said GM has no plans of producing them since they're on that chassis. Maybe if they hear enough interest they'll release it on a newer platform.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts www.mudnuts.org