Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brand new truck!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Well not exactly BRAND new, it's 25 years old and has been my DD for a couple of years.

I took out the old, buggered up factory rubber suspension bushings last weekend and put in new poly. All four springs, shackles and the sway bar got new bushings and it now drives like a whole new truck.

The old front springs were sagging pretty bad so I replaced them with a set of 3-leaf stock 3/4t springs I had in the shed and a set of Hill extended shackles. That gave me a total of 1 1/4" lift in the front. The 3" blocks I put in the rear took care of my saggy butt /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif so now everything sits nice and level.

I really love these trucks. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif For under $300. (Bushings, u-bolts, rear shocks, steering stabilizer and POR-15 for everything) and a few hours work on a sunny afternoon my Suburban went from a spongy, top-heavy monster to a decent riding truck that is actually fun to drive. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Of course, it still looks like crap warmed over but it sure does drive nice! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Next up: Body Bushings!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif