Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brand of Lift...?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyUp, Mar 29, 2002.

1. JimmyUp

JimmyUp Registered Member

I am looking to go to a 6-inch suspension lift. I have done some looking around at it appears that Skyjacker and Superlift are the only folks that carry front and rear springs for my application.

Are there others that would carry a 6-inch lift for our application? If not, which brand should I go with?

Also, is there any reason to avoid going to a higher lift?

Will my stock driveline lengths be a problem?

Thanks!

2. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

Tuff Country sells one. I think $629 was the going rate for all springs/arm, or $767 with shocks too.

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

You will not be able to use the stock driveshafts. Skyjacker would be my choice.

4. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

Tuff Country does make front and rear springs for your truck. They carry a 6" EZ-Ride spring lift.

I personally went with the Tuff Country 6" EZ-Ride front springs and picked up a 4" shackle flip with a 2" block for the rear. I'm hoping to get rid of the block and put in a 2" spring lift in the future. I went with the block for now to cut down on the cost.

My lift, along with a whole bunch of ORD products are waiting to be installed. I could tell ya how it handles in about a few weeks.

As for the driveline, I'm worried I will have to have my lengthened. I won't know until I throw on the lift. I was told I could get away with a tranny and tcase drop. Does anybody know if that will work?

ak7

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

On my '72 K/5 I went with Skyjacker Softride 6" springs front and 8" springs rear. <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/picsofryansblazer.msnw?Page=3>Check out my pic's HERE.</a> I didn't want any blocks in the rear, and i also got rid of the wedge angle shim and torched off the old spring perches and welded new ones on at the correct angle.
    You could leave the wedges in there but i've cracked them before and wanted to eliminate that.
    I like the skyjacker softrides. I had a 4" lift and 33's and went to the 6"/8" w/ 35's and it felt a lot more top heavy when i first took it for a spin. ( thats with no sway bars) But after a week or two i was used to it.
    If you want FLEX, then I'd check out the custom springs that Greg72 just put on his K/5. I know a lot of the first gen guys are thinking about having those custom front springs made now!