Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BRE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Nov 5, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Anybody heard of these guys? Beck Racing Engines. I checked out the website the other day and I can't stop drooling. www.beckracingengines.com I don't need an engine right now, and I'm poor, but I can still dream.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I just got finished dropping a Beck Racing Engine in my Blazer. I love it ! hey have never had an engine returned in the history of the company. I spent some dough but I'm sure I won't have to worry about having it take a crap on me any time soon ! About a month after receiving my new powerplant, The owner himself called me to see if I had any questions and if I was pleased with the service that I received. How many times does that happen with businesses now a days ? Frank was a great guy and really cared about my satisfaction. I'd recommend one to anybody. I figured out how much it would cost me to have one done for me and it was more than what they get for theirs but the quality is much better. Everyone I dealt with was extremely helpful and knowledgable.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

4. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Can't remember what car magazine it was but they got one of there motors.They had nothing but good things too say.

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Call and ask them to send you an information packet, it's actually a big folder stuffed with articles from major magazines that used their engines and spec sheets and all material lists. It was great to see so much info arrive to help make my decission. There was NO bad stories at all. I know what you're saying, "Why would they include negative articles in their packets ? " I called a few people from those magazines to see how they liked them after they ran them for a period of time and they still raved about the quality of their engines. I don't just jump into things now that I'm getting a little older, I do my homework pretty extensively. I don't have a bad thing to say either, their tech line is out of this world, I called a couple of times and they helped me immensely. This was my first engine swap and I didn't know too much but after talking with the tech guys, I have a much better understanding now. A + !</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

6. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Darn those are nice (and expensive)probaly more then my blazer when i get it.

SlyDog

7. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Riz, which engine package did you get???

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I got the 350 street plus. It's balanced and blueprinted and with the products I have on it I'm getting a little over 400 hp. Very pleased.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

9. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I sent for the info pack and it was full of good info. The packet came with a cover letter from the president of the company. Not a form letter either!! It was actually signed. I then got a follow up letter and a call. That if I had any questions let them know any they would help me out. There customer service is great. The only problem I had was "racing engines" most had to run 92 octane. I'm sure they could build what ever you want though.

79 Blazer 6"lift 35's locked/4:56

10. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Thought you where looking for BREtt !!!! LOL

11. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Ahhhh, you so funny.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad